About TRiO College Bound
TRiO College Bound supports low-income and first-generation high school students in the Tacoma and Franklin Pierce School Districts.
Monday through Thursday 8am to 4:30pm
Friday 8am to 3:30pm
Closed Weekends and Holidays
MDC’s College Bound is a non-profit TRiO Upward Bound program funded by the United States Department of Education to assist low income and first generation high school students break a national cycle of low educational achievement by increasing their level of representation and advancement in college. The primary focus is to help all students have access to higher education by preparing them to enroll and succeed in higher education. The staff works with students from 9th -12th grades, in a dedicated class, to set and achieve these goals.
Students are eligible for the program if they:
- are US Citizens, permanent residents of the US and outlying islands or Freely Associated States,
- first generation college student (parents do not currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree) or low income or both
- demonstrate a need for academic support,
- are between the ages of 13 and 19 at the time of selection, AND
- are attending one of the six high schools served (see below).
College Bound serves the following high schools:
- Franklin Pierce High School
- Washington High School
- Foss High School
- Lincoln High School
- Mt. Tahoma High School
- Stadium High School
For more information on TRiO programs or the US Department of Education, click here .
These programs are provided at NO COST to the participants.